Friday, July 16, 2010

Soap Operas...


Is anyone else a long-time soap opera watcher like me? As far back as I can remember, I've been watching soap operas. If I recall correctly, I began watching them by spending time at each of my grandmother's houses. Staying with my grandparents was my form of daycare while my parents worked.

They watched pretty much all of the soap operas: Loving, The City, Port Charles, All My Children, One Live to Live, General Hospital, Days of Our Lives, Passions, Sunset Beach, Young & the Restless, and Guiding Light. I know that is all of the soaps, but these are the one's I grew up on.

Of this list, some 20 years later, I still watch General Hospital and Young & the Restless FAITHFULLY. I just recently started watching All My Children again with the return of one of my all-time favorites, Greenlee Smythe. Or as Gillian use to call her, Greenleeves. So I now watch this one, but only on days that she has scenes. Weird I know, but if the haven't showed her in the first couple of minutes I tend to move along.

As for General Hospital, as long as there's a Jason Morgan, I'll be watching! And with the return of Brenda Barrett, I definitely be glued to my DVR. I can still recall when she first met Sonny back in the mid 90s, when I was still in the single-digit age range. I can't wait to see what trouble she stirs up for the leading men in her life. In honor of her return on August 11, ABC will be pre-empting the soaps on Tuesday August 10 to air a three-hour Brenda Marathon. Although one of my favorite Brenda episodes will not be aired, here is a clip.




Young & the Restless is one I've always watched no matter who was airing that day. Although I am partial to Nick and Sharon, not necessarily together, but it's great if they are. Some of you may recall their first wedding, I know I do, but if not here's a look.




Maybe one day my addiction to the soaps will wane, but until then they are still one of my biggest guilty pleasures.

1 comment:

  1. I am a HUGE Y & R fan!! I record the shows so I can watch them later. I just watched the last two again tonight. So looking forward to Monday. I've always been a Nick and Sharon fan.

    ReplyDelete

Most of the shadows of this life are caused by our standing in our own sunshine. ~R. Emerson

Related Posts with Thumbnails