Friday, March 18, 2011

30 by 30

As I quickly approach the ripe ol’ age of 30, I thought I’d put together a list of things to accomplish by my thirtieth birthday. I lot of people would most likely go with something adventurous, like skydiving. Not me. I go for more tame accomplishments like, watching every movie that has made the “best” list. Or the best according to the Oscars.

I may add or remove things as I go, since my taste are likely to change by then. But I will try my very best to keep it as I originally started it. So here’s my list:
  1. Live (6mos+) in another state
  2. Get my passport
  3. Travel abroad
  4. Ask out a crush/guy I find attractive
  5. Watch the best 100 movies
  6. Go horseback riding
  7. Attend a professional sporting event
  8. Sing in public
  9. Get in shape (Lose 30 pounds)
  10. Have a career I love
  11. Eat at a restaurant alone without a book or laptop
  12. Pay down debt/student loans
  13. Go on a blind date
  14. Try skiing
  15. Go camping (in a tent!)
  16. Prepare at least 20 full meals out of my numerous cookbooks
  17. Have a signature dish
  18. Learn to sew
  19. Start a small vegetable garden (off my balcony)
  20. Learn a foreign language (this time make it stick i.e.. 4yrs high school Spanish and 2yrs college Spanish and still can’t speak Spanish)
  21. Get a massage/manicure/pedicure
  22. See a Broadway play
  23. Take a road trip by myself
  24. Buy an extremely expensive pair of shoes or handbag
  25. Ride on a motorcycle, well at least the back of one
  26. Host a dinner party
  27. Find out my blood type
  28. Complete 200 sit-ups
  29. Become a pen pal
  30. Send flowers to my mother

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most of the shadows of this life are caused by our standing in our own sunshine. ~R. Emerson

Related Posts with Thumbnails