Friday, September 10, 2010

How Can I Meet Mr. Right, If I Won't Speak to Him?

Why do I find it so difficult to approach men?

While at the supermarket one Monday around mid-morning, I saw this guy who was a cross between David Beckham and Channing Tatum. Of course with me being a Plain Jane, I did not approach him in fear of REJECTION. When I say Plain Jane, I mean my makeup arsenal consists of a tube of Carmex. And since I was only making a quick run to the store, I was in an oversized t-shirt and baggy jeans. Ugh..

My extreme shyness never helps matters either. With that being said, I've only approached a guy once before and it was a complete and utter disaster. From that point forward every man that has come into my life (which I can count on one hand) has been the one to approach me first. (Maybe that's why I get such losers... just a thought)

But with my extreme shyness, Plain Jane appearance, and lack of appropriate attire, what truly, truly kept me from approaching him was the fact that he was white and I'm not. Oh all my friends say it doesn't matter, but I think it would have mattered to him. I could be wrong, but I guess now I'll never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most of the shadows of this life are caused by our standing in our own sunshine. ~R. Emerson

Related Posts with Thumbnails