Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Make Miss Me, Mrs. You


It never fails that when I go back home to visit my family, one of the comments I get is, “When are you getting married?” My sister has been even made the comment that she has “wondered” about me. (meaning as in which team I play for) All this because I haven’t been in a hurry to rush down the aisle. Just because she choose to get married at the ripe ol’ age of twenty doesn’t mean I have to take that same path. You would think I was an octogenarian with a house full of cats instead of in my twenties. So I decided to take a stroll through my Facebook to check out what my fellow classmates are up to. Sure enough, over half of my graduating class is now married. Or divorced.

One day when I meet that person I just can’t stand to be without, I’ll make that trip down the aisle. But why do they care? It’s not like they have a vested interest in whether or not I get married. My cousins never get this question. I’m beginning to think the reason I get this question and they do not is because I chose college and career were as the chose not to go to college and have kids instead. So I guess it’s no rush for them to get married and have kids (they have kids but are not married). Whereas I’m not getting any younger. Or so they keep telling me.

*Date Stamped

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most of the shadows of this life are caused by our standing in our own sunshine. ~R. Emerson

Related Posts with Thumbnails